2 c all-purpose flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 c fresh cranberries chopped
3/4 c buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c vegetable or canola oil
1 large egg slightly beaten
1 c granulated sugar
– Line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with aluminum foil. Butter the bottom and sides of the foil. Set aside.
– Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
– In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
– Add chopped cranberries and stir to distribute.
– In another mixing bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, vanilla, oil and sugar.
– With a rubber spatula, fold in wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Do not overmix. Few flour lumps are okay.
– Pour batter into prepared pan.
– Bake bread for 33 to 38 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the toothpick inserted in few places in the center of the cake comes out clean.
– Cool completely in the pan.