*** Scones made with dried as opposed to fresh cranberries.
– 2 cups flour
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 3 tablespoons sugar
– 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
– 3/4 cup (100 grams) dried cranberries
– 1 tablespoon coarse sugar, for tops of scones
– Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
– Mix together flour, baking powder, and the salt in a medium bowl. Combine cream, honey, and orange zest in a separate one. Stir well.
– Work the butter into the flour mixture with hands until it is crumbly. Stir in cranberries. Pour in the cream mixture and use a large spoon to mix until a crumbly dough forms.
– Knead the dough 3 to 5 times until it just comes together on the counter top. Form into an 8-inch circle. Cut into 8 slices.
– Place scones onto the baking sheet, brush with extra cream and lightly sprinkle tops with sugar. Bake until light golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
– Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.