About 1 1/2 pounds each year.
Harvests, Yields and other Cranberry Measures
– One barrel of cranberries weighs 100 lbs!
– There are 4,400 cranberries in a gallon of cranberry juice. Think about that for a minute, the sheer volume needed to fill a large container you buy at the grocery store. Drink the whole thing and then ask your friends to guess how many cranberries you consumed that day; you never know where the conversation will go from there, like maybe a “I once ate so many … that I almost …” type game. See, just the existence of this berry has benefits like injecting more fun into your life, it’s that awesome.
– The Cranberry dollar value to the economy is roughly 292 million dollars.
– The state that produces the most cranberries is Wisconsin (and everyone thinks nothing exciting happens there).
– There are about 45k cranberry plants to an acre (an acre is 3/4 of a football field).
Hope this was fun.
Trivia: “How long does it take a cranberry plant to produce fruit?”