Cranberry Meringue Pie Recipe
Store bought crust for a deep-dish pie
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup water
2 TBSP butter (soft)
4 egg yolks
2 TBSP flour
1/2 tsp almond extract (can substitute with lemon too if you like)
4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
4 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream tartar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
– Preheat oven to 450 degrees and flatten prepared dough into deep-dish pie plate.
– In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and water and cook over medium heat, stirring for about 15 minutes.
– In a separate bowl combine egg yolks and flour, add to saucepan bringing it to a gentle boil for 2 minutes. Stir in butter and almond extract, and pour into crust.
– For meringue, in a large bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Spread over hot filling, sealing edges to crust.
– Bake until golden brown, 18-22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour; refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
More Cranberry Recipes!