1 lb. fresh cranberries
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
3/4 cup honey
1 tbsp. lemon zest
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 standard pie crust
– Preheat oven to 350 F.
– Mix all filling ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
– Transfer the pie filling to a food-safe bag or container if making ahead of time. Store in fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
– When you’re ready to make your pie, simply thaw the pie filling (if frozen) and pour the contents into your pie crust.
– Top with crust.
– Vent the top of your pie by making 3 to 4 small cuts in the top crust.
– Transfer entire pie onto a baking sheet and bake for approximately 1 hour or until you see juices bubbling around the edges or through the vents.
– Cool, cut and serve.
More Cranberry Pie Recipes!