- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix together flours, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl beat applesauce, butter and sugars until combined and smooth, stir in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture, carrots and dried cranberries.
- Take spoonfulls of cookie dough and place onto a parchment lined or greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and serve.
Notes & Options:
There are lots of ways to modify these cranberry cookies to spice them up, down or just change it to suit your palate. You can try:
– Using fresh cranberries instead of the dry, and then adding in some raisins to make it sweeter. Dried cranberries are already sweet but if you prefer the taste of fresh berries then you can add in the raisins. Or, use both, fresh and dried.
– Add more cinnamon to give it a holiday, spicy feel. Then toast them gently to give them a different, crunchy texture.
– Omit the nutmeg and cinnamon if you don’t like any kind of spice.
Make it Healthy – Replacing the sugar with granulated sweetener and the dried cranberries for fresh will ensure your cookies are sugar free and purely a whole grain food.
More Cranberry Recipes
– Top Recipes
– Cranberry Bread
– Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
– Cranberry Pancakes
– Cranberry Pound Cake
– Cranberry Crumble