- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup pure canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- Mix together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat, butter and sugar until combined and smooth, stir in egg, pumpkin and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture, and dried cranberries.
- Take spoonfuls of cookie dough and place onto a parchment lined or greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and serve.
Notes & Options:
There are lots of ways to modify these cranberry cookies to spice them up, down or just change it to suit your palate. You can try:
– Using fresh cranberries instead of the dry, and then adding in some raisins or dried cranberries to make it sweeter. Dried cranberries are already sweet but if you prefer the taste of fresh berries then you can add in the raisins. Or, use both, fresh and dried.
– Add more cinnamon to give it a holiday, spicy feel. Then toast them gently to give them a different, crunchy texture.
– On top of the cinnamon, add in some ginger and nutmeg to make it spicier.
Make it Healthy – Replacing the sugar with granulated sweetener and the dried cranberries for fresh will ensure your cookies are sugar free and purely a grain food.
More Cranberry Recipes