An easy to make fruit muffin recipe featuring raspberries and dried cranberries. If you like that combination of fruit, you should try the cranberry raspberry smoothie. Now, onto the muffins:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients, cranberries included. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and extract.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Add raspberries and stir gently.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Notes & Options:
There are lots of ways to modify these cranberry/raspberry muffins to spice them up, down or just change it to suit your palate. You can try:
– Using fresh cranberries is always best but they can be a bit tart which is why many people use dried cranberries in their recipes.
– Add some nuts to the batter give these muffins a satisfying crunch. I recommend walnuts or almond slivers.
– Frozen fruit works well here so if you are unable to get fresh berries at the grocery store, just move on over to the frozen aisle and make your life easier.
Make it Healthy – Replacing the sugar in the batter with granulated sweetener will ensure your muffins are sugar free and purely a starch food.
More Cranberry Recipes
– Top Recipes
– Cranberry Lemon Muffins
– Cranberry Orange Muffins
– Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
– Keto Cranberry Muffins
– Cranberry Coffee Cake