- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups diet cranberry juice
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1/2 cup Conitreau
- 2 apples peeled and cut into slices
- 1 orange thinly sliced
- 1 cup cold, frozen cranberries
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the water to create a simple syrup.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients (except the frozen cranberries) with the syrup in a large pitcher and let stand at room temperature for 3 hours, then refrigerate until chilled.
- When chilled and ready, add frozen cranberries.
The frozen cranberries act as a fruit in the sangria and as an alternative to ice to keep it cold.
This sangria is great for the holidays, or anytime you are in a festive mood.
More Cranberry Recipes