- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (or frozen)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 2 TBSP oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease or spray 9 inch round cake pan.
- Pour melted butter into pan and coat evenly, then sprinkle in brown sugar and cranberries.
- In a mixing bowl,, stir in eggs, oil and pumpkin purée.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and pour into cake pan GENTLY, so as not to move the cranberries around too much.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and serve when ready.
Notes & Options:
There are lots of ways to modify this cranberry cake to spice it up, down or just change it to suit your palate. You can try:
– Adding nuts to make it crunchier. Use walnut pieces or chopped almonds and sprinkle them in with the cranberries before pouring the batter into the pan.
– Add 1/2 tsp each of nutmeg and ginger if you want it holiday spicy-like.
– Half the cranberries if you find them too tart, although that’s what most people like about using fresh cranberries, the tartness combined with sweet.
– Fresh berries are always best, but frozen ones work just as well as long as you thaw them and drain the excess cranberry juice first.
Make it Healthy – Replace the sugars with granulated sweetener. Replacing this one ingredient (sugar) will turn this recipe into a healthy, sugar-free delight instead of a dessert.
More Cranberry Recipes
– Top Recipes
– Cranberry Bread
– Cranberry Christmas Cake with Walnuts
– Cranberry Pie Recipe
– Cranberry Bundt Cake
– Brandied Cranberry Cheesecake Recipe