- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a rectangular cake pan (8×2 inch) or a 9″ spring form pan..
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and blend the butter/sugar in another. Add the wet mix to the dry and stir well.
- Add cranberries and then pour batter into pan. Top with walnut pieces.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until center is done. Use a tooth pick to check occasionally.
- Cool and serve!
Square pieces can be cut and stacked on top of each other for a nice holiday effect.
This cake is delicious on it’s own but also great served with ice cream and/or whipped cream.
Happy holidays, or whatever month you are in at the moment. Any time is a good time to enjoy cranberries.
More Cranberry Recipes