A simple recipe that uses almond extract and dried cranberries. If you want a recipe that uses almonds and cranberries, click here. back to the muffins; this recipe is quick to make and satisfyingly good.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients, cranberries included. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and extract.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Notes & Options:
There are lots of ways to modify these cranberry muffins to spice them up, down or just change it to suit your palate. You can try:
– Using fresh cranberries is always best but they can be a bit tart which is why many people use dried cranberries in their recipes.
– Add some nuts to the batter give these muffins a satisfying crunch. I recommend walnuts or almond slivers (which would compliment the extract).
– Raisins can be used in place of cranberries, but around here, that’s a cardinal sin.
Make it Healthy – Replacing the sugar in the batter with granulated sweetener will ensure your muffins are sugar free and purely a starch food.
More Cranberry Recipes