This recipe has the cranberries cooked inside the pancakes as opposed to making a regular pancake and adding scoops of delicious cranberry topping over top of it, like this one.
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Add some butter to a medium frying pan on the stove and set just a bit above low. We want to slow cook these pancakes so the cranberries get a chance to warm and soften as the pancake cooks.
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and stir well.
- Scoop up about 1/3 of the batter with a ladle and pour into the center of the pre-heated (butter melted) frying pan and spread it out to be a little thinner.
- Cook both sides until golden brown.
- Top with maple syrup or additional cranberry topping.
Notes & Options:
There are lots of ways to modify these cranberry pancakes to spice them up, down or just change it to suit your palate. You can try:
– Using fresh cranberries is always best but they can be a bit tart which is why we add maple syrup to the pancake or sugar to the topping.
– Add some cinnamon to the batter give these cakes a holiday, spicier feel.
– Make sure you are generous with the butter so the pancake doesn’t stick to the pan, about a TBSP minimum per pancake.
Make it Healthy – Replacing the sugar in the topping with granulated sweetener will ensure your pancakes are sugar free and purely a hearty grain food.
More Cranberry Recipes