- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1 TBSP orange zest (grated)
- 2 TBSP ground flax seeds
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries (chopped)
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cake, Bundt pan.
- Whisk together milk, zest, juice, oil, applesauce, flax seeds, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Add sugar and whisk until well combined, then whisk in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to a separate bowl and mix. Fold in cranberries and stir. Add to batter and combine well. Pour into greased pan.
- Bake until top is puffed and firm to touch, cake starts to pull away from pan sides, and a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then loosen cake with a small metal spatula, invert on a cooling rack, and cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Optional: Dust with confectioners sugar once cool.
Notes & Options:
There are lots of ways to modify this cranberry Bundt cake to spice it up, down or just change it to suit your palate. You can try:
– Using fresh cranberries is always best but if you can’t then frozen work just as well.
– Add some nuts to the batter. I recommend something light like almond slivers.
– Try doubling the orange zest amount if you like orange flavor, it really goes well with cranberries.
Make it Healthy – Replacing the sugar in the batter and topping with granulated sweetener will ensure your Bundt is sugar free and purely a starch food. Like eating fruit and bread – much healthier.
More Cranberry Recipes